Thoughts, opinions, musings, rants and all things I find interesting. From my corner, as well as every other, in the world.

Sunday, February 19

Bill. mrk. "Two bedrooms and a parking space"

I think I might've had it this time... After much arguing from myself, I finally caved in and agreed to start looking for flats/apartments for Peter and me. The requirements were quite reasonable I think - two bedrooms, a bathroom with a shower that works decently, parking possibilities, between 200-300 AUS$ a week, and close to public transport. Can't be that hard, I decided, and set forth positively. But after three hours of browsing rental pages online, I realised it was that hard. Probably coz I know absolutely nothing about where the different suburbs are located if you don't count the ones I frequented myself the last semester... And also coz most of these listed apartment ads (almost) NEVER care to include whether the thing is unfurnished, partly furnished or a hole in the ground Saddam-style!
I've decided to give this whole search-for-apartment-alone-thing one last chance. I'll pay for all the print-outs I've got waiting for me, look through them and pick out a top ten. Then I'll proceed to uni and see if someone has posted an ad for exactly the flat I'm looking for. If that doesn't pan out - Peter's gonna have to come to town earlier than planned. Coz I haven't got the slightest idea how to even get to half of these suburbs - let alone find the street addresses...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home