Thoughts, opinions, musings, rants and all things I find interesting. From my corner, as well as every other, in the world.

Sunday, December 24

Hatch # 17: The time is here!

As you know, in Norway we celebrate Christmas on the 24th of December - we don't do your weird Boxing Day-thing;) So today consists of - for me - getting up early to watch Disney's Christmas cavalcade, the Norwegian classic 'Reisen til Julestjernen' (translates into 'the Journey to the Christmas Star') and the best part of holiday tv in this neck of the woods - 'Tre Nøtter til Askepott' ('Three Acorns for Cinderella'). It's a German/Chzeck movie from 1973 that portrays Cinderella in a more likeable light than both Disney and the fairy tale itself - she's not waiting for the Prince to come rescue her - in fact they rip into each other on several occasions...;)
Cinderella with her faitful steed
...while cleaning up the ashes from the fireplace...
...and accepting the proposal from the handsome Prince...

Anyhoo, the Prince was the very first man I developed a crush on, and I watched Cinderella and him find each other despite obstacles in the path year after year. I still watch, even if I do know half the lines in Chzeck by heart...lol
After having watched the necessary mood-setting movies and cartoons, it's time to get ready for church - not so much coz it's church but because I get to meet old friends that I haven't seen in the past year and that's always good:) When everyone has been wished a merry Christmas we head home to the neatly prepared Xmas feast that of course is 'pinnekjøtt' - it always is and damned well always will be! Then we clean up, have dessert and watch the final part of the calendar show for the season before it's time to open the precisely planned presents...
I wonder what my darling brothers have thought of this year?:D And how they will like what I got them...Well, I'll soon find out!

A merry Christmas to all of you - may it bring you loads of hard presents (the best kind..hihi), and good times with the people you care about!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home