Thoughts, opinions, musings, rants and all things I find interesting. From my corner, as well as every other, in the world.

Thursday, July 13

A few of my favourite things...

List time... The top things about living in Oz (not necessarily in this prioritized order):
  1. The climate and wonderful weather
  2. The beautiful clean city and the fantastic river
  3. The suburb in which I live - New Farm, it's got everything!
  4. The people I've gotten to know and learned to love for being the wonderful friends they are
  5. The lack of rain at any given day
  6. The cheaper prices compared to home

Top things about living in Norway:

  1. The beauty of winter with snow and bone-chilling cold weather when you can stay inside
  2. The wonderful people in Bergen and Volda (and obviously the rest of Norway) that I am lucky enough to call my friends and family
  3. The smallness of even 'big' cities - you can walk alone at 4 am downtown and feel quite safe
  4. The fact that uni in Volda equals a degree almost completed in an area which I enjoy studying
  5. The sound of rain pounding on the windows when I'm lying in bed trying to sleep
  6. The gorgeous nature surrounding basically no matter where I am

So why this random need to list good things about my respective favourite countries in the world at the moment? I guess I'm trying to convince myself that I'm doing the right thing by coming back to Volda and finishing my bachelor in information and media instead of attempting to find a way to stay for another year in Brisbane... I really don't feel ready to leave, but at the same time changing things now is gonna be such a process and I don't know if I'm even able to afford it. Time and study-wise I'll be fine, but financially....Hell no! It's gonna be great to come home and see all of you guys again - I've missed you, but I've grown really attached to both the people and the place down here as well....Might have to come back yet again...Lol:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home